Inadequate Security – Bouncers, Security Guards & Doorman
Negligent Security Guards
When owners (bars
, clubs owners
, property owners, sports stadiums
, convenience stores
, gas stations
fail to secure their properties and businesses against violent criminals who pose a danger to the people who are there legally, and someone is injured as a result of a criminal act, those individuals may file a civil claim against the property owner to recover compensation for losses resulting from the crime. This is especially true if there is a known pattern of crime on the property.
In an effort to deter and reduce this crime, some properly owners will hire security guards. Studies show that security guards have one of the most dangerous jobs in the United States. Faced with drunk and belligerent clients at a club who escalate the situation causing assaults and battery other patrons, to robberies at banks.
One would expect that if a security officer was on duty, that they are watching cameras
, doing patrols and checking people entering the building. Or if at a nightclub, casino or bar, one would expect the bouncer would handle rowdy patrons and that he will do so in a professional manner. Of if at school
or a gated community
one would expect security guards on staff to maintain peace and order, and the lack of proper safety guidelines such as installing exit signals or maintaining open exit doors during business hours.
Unfortunately, that is not always the case, which leads to workers, visitors, guests, homeowners, and other to being severely injured, robbed
, stabbed, shot
, or otherwise harmed.
Examples of Inadequate Security Guards:
- Security guards or bouncers are the ones using excessive force causing injury.
- Lack of security guards or they were absent, inattentive, intoxicated, incompetent, unqualified, unsupervised, ill-equipped, poorly trained, or slow to respond.
- Negligent hiring due to failure to perform adequate pre-employment screening, investigate their prior employment history, or conduct criminal background checks
- Negligent hiring of unqualified, incompetent or inattentive security personnel despite previous poor work performance or prior use of drugs/alcohol during work hours
- Lack of or faulty supporting security equipment (security alarms, video surveillance, camera monitors, gates, or locks) and some security guards were improperly trained.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of an assault, rape, theft, shooting, or murder due to inadequate security guards or lack of security guards, contact our negligent security attorneys
to discuss your legal rights.